This basic SEO course is perfect for any small business owner that wants to learn how to optimize their website for search. It is the ideal combination of self study (via text and some short videos), practical application and feedback from an SEO expert.This feedback is one of the things that differentiates this course from other online courses.
How often have you started to take an online course and didn’t understand something? So you keep going, get more and more confused and then give up? Or perhaps you learn to do something online, but then get cold feet when applying it to your own business because you are afraid you are doing it wrong? With this course, your important work gets reviewed by an SEO expert. Plus you receive two free gift cards for phone consultations with an SEO expert if you get stuck.
Another key differentiating factor in our courses is that they are constructed for small and medium sized business owners with limited time. The curricula are constructed so that you learn exactly what you need to drive traffic to your website. We don’t get bogged down in overly technical conversations.
What you will learn
‣ A non-technical understanding of how Google Search works
‣ The different types of SEO
‣ The importance of buyer personas and how to create them
‣ The importance of key phrase research and how to do it
‣ Basic SEO terminology
‣ How to optimize the pages of your website for search
‣ How to write eye catching, information rich SEO titles and snippets (what people in search engine results)
‣ The basics of technical SEO and how to get your site to load faster
‣ How to get your site noticed by Google
Support you will receive
This course is different than the free courses you see on the internet because you will receive expert guidance throughout the course. This is important for small and medium sized business owners that have limited time and want to make
‣ Mary Clare will personally review your buyer personas and offer suggestions
‣ Mary Clare will personally review your key phrase research and offer suggestions
‣ Mary Clare will personally review your final SEO titles and meta descriptions (for up to eight web pages- not blog articles) and offer suggestions
‣ You get two free coupons for personal consultations with Mary Clare: one for 15 minutes and one for 30
‣ Course subscribers can purchase additional consulting time with Mary Clare at a discounted price
‣ Buyer personas for crafted for your business
‣ A list of key phrases that you can use to take your SEO to the next level. This list will also be useful if you want to run a re-marketing campaign, paid search or social media advertising campaign
‣ Basics WordPress skills
‣ Providing you finish the course, the pages on your site will be optimized for search
‣ A secure site that loads quickly
‣ A list of tools that will help you keep your SEO fresh and up to date
Who should take this course
‣ Anyone that wants to learn basic SEO tools and optimize their website for search.
‣ If you have a small, local business and/or your business is very niche, this basic SEO course may provide you with the knowledge and tools to rank in the Top 3 search results for your chosen keywords.
‣ If your business has a broad reach or has a great deal of competition, it is a a vital first step to get your site indexed by Google.
Why take this basic SEO course
In 2020, organic SEO is the dominant source of trackable web traffic, with 53% of traffic coming via this channel. Another 27% comes from paid search, which has become prohibitively expensive for most small and medium sized businesses. So if your website isn’t optimized for search, you are missing out on over two thirds of your potential website visitors.
This course is particularly good for small and medium sized business owners that are on a budget. For a fraction of the price you would pay an expert to optimize your site for search, you will learn the tools to do it yourself, under the guidance of a professional that has been doing SEO for over 15 years.